VMware has released vRealize Network Insight 4.1, NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.5 and Identity Manager 19.03.
vRealize Network Insight 4.1
- vRealize Network Insight supports VMware NSX-T Data Center
- VMware NSX-T Data Center version 2.4.
- Supports converged NSX Manager appliance which merges policy, management, and central control services on a cluster of nodes. Features like Flows, Micro-Segmentation, Search mechanism, and Path Topology are enhanced with NSX Policies.
- Alarms or Events are available on relevant dashboards.
- VMware NSX Data Center for vSphere
- You can now identify users who modified the changes in the NSX-V manager on the Timeline section.
- vRealize Network Insight now monitors the real-time reports of NSX audit log events for vSphere within 3-5 minutes.
- Container Visibility and Security
- vRealize Network Insight supports Native Kubernetes and VMware Enterprise Pivotal Container Service (PKS) with NSX-T as the fabric manager.
- Kubernetes Entities includes Cluster, Namespace, Service, Nodes and Pods, and a Kubernetes Dashboard.
- Flow Metrics and Analytics – Top talkers by Cluster, Namespace, Service, and Node.
- Plan security of Kubernetes Cluster, Namespace, Node, or Service with micro-segmentation views and export network policy rules in YAML format.
- Application Discovery and Visibility
- You can automatically discover applications with vCenter Tags, Names using regular expression pattern-matches.
- Application Discovery by using ServiceNow CMDB.
- Application dashboard consists of tier to tier connectivity, Network Topology, Micro-Segmentation View, Top Talkers and the metric information that represents network rate, CPU, memory, and disk information.
- Public Cloud – AWS
- AWS Master-Link account supports:
- Support Hierarchy – Single payer account which also acts as the Control Account.
- Monitor accounts, AWS instances, and associated traffic flow under the supported hierarchy.
- Enable or disable the flow log collection at Payer Account level and also limit the collection to a specific region.
- You can view the IP address range of AWS subnet in the list and on the dashboard.
- AWS Master-Link account supports:
- Third Party Device Support:
- F5 Load Balancer:
- Flow Stitching – You can visualize end-to-end client-server flows going through the load balancer using IPFIX collection.
- Load balancer Dashboard – VIPS/Virtual Servers, Pool Members, Sessions, Healthy and unhealthy host counts
- Huawei Devices – vRealize Network Insight supports the following Huawei Cloud Engine series:
- Cisco ACI Enhancement – vRealize Network Insight supports the search for IP or MAC, and retrieves the corresponding port, EPG, and BD.
- F5 Load Balancer:
- Authentication: Integration with VMware Identity Manager for advanced login options, such as multi-factor authentication.
- Event Management
- Out-of-the-box and easy access to an event notification configuration.
- User-Defined Events can be sent as SNMP Traps.
- vRealize Network Insight supports a Core license type with NSX Data Center Enterprise plus.
- Audit check and warnings of license are exceeded and mixed-mode (Advanced and Enterprise) scenarios.
- Other Enhancements
- Micro-Segmentation view is also available in a list or a grid for easy accessibility.
- The Flow details page includes a VM to VM path topology.
- You can easily configure the threshold violation counts on the main page.
- The indexing rate of the Indexer program is improved to 1 million versions per hour.
- Self-service is now available for administrators and member users also.
- Config store cleaner performance improved. Config store cleaner takes significantly less time to complete the daily clean up process.
- VMware Network Insight (VMware Cloud Service that offers the same capabilities as vRealize Network Insight)
- VMware Network Insight supports service driven 30-Days Free Trial to all the new organizations.
- The VMware Network Insight service is activated automatically as 30-Days Free Trial for every new VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) customer.
- There is a new Service Usage page to track the service usage and support physical endpoint meter.
- The Voluntary Product Accessibility (VPAT) report is available for vRealize Network Insight. See, https://www.vmware.com/help/accessibility.html.
See the full release notes here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vRealize-Network-Insight/4.1/rn/vrealize-network-insight-41-release-notes.html
NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4.5
- NSX User Interface
- VMware NSX – Functionality Updates for vSphere Client (HTML): The following VMware NSX features are now available through the vSphere Client: Edge Services (Routing, Bridging, Load Balancing). For a list of supported functionality, please see VMware NSX for vSphere UI Plug-in Functionality in vSphere Client.
- Security Services
- Context Aware Firewall – New Layer 7 AppIDs: adds support for WS-MAN.
- Networking and Edge Services
- Multi-cast: support for 2 ESG uplinks with multi-cast enabled.
- Operations and Troubleshooting
- Audit Logging: adds support for including “What” has changed, when audit logs are sent through syslog.
- Role Based Access Control: introduces a role focused on user management and role assignment tasks (Security & Role Administrator).
See the full release notes here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-Data-Center-for-vSphere/6.4/rn/releasenotes_nsx_vsphere_645.html
Identity Manager 19.03
- VMware Identity Manager releases following a new versioning format
- VMware Identity Manager is moving away from the major.minor version numbers to a date driven model represented by a year and month (yy.mm). This release is version 19.03. The previous release was version 3.3.
- TrueSSO Unlock Support
- With TrueSSO, users can log in to Horizon apps or desktops without entering a password. However, if the Horizon desktop or app is locked, users must use their user credentials to unlock it. This feature allows users to unlock without entering a password. Requires VMware Horizon 7.8.
- New User Interface for Virtual Apps Configuration
- Redesigned and improved the Virtual apps UI screens within the VMware Identity Manager console.
- Directory Sync Management Improvements
- Ability to associate multiple connectors with a directory and specify a fallback order in the case of a primary connector failure.
- Oracle LDAP – Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11g, Release 1 (22.214.171.124.0) Support Improvements
- Search and query pagination support.
- Support filter queries, for example, to extract information when there is no DN.
- Support for IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- SAML Federation flexibility, with the ability to identify user NameID from SAML Attribute Statement
- Improved compatibility with third party identify providers.
- Audit log data storage limit
- Provide admins with capability to limit audit storage capacity.
- Network policy for Android SSO
- Ability to specify network range access criteria for Android SSO.
- Workspace ONE UEM (AirWatch) provisioning adapter
- Support users provisioned via SCIM across VMware Identity Manager and Workspace ONE UEM. Provision users from VMware Identity Manager to Workspace ONE UEM.
- Support for ms DS-Consistency GUID for Office 365 federation
- Ability to transform current VMware Identity Manager source anchor attribute to ms-DS-consistency GUID when federating Office 365.
- Ability to use a PFX file for the VMware Identity Manager SSL certificate
See the full release notes here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Identity-Manager/19.03/rn/VMware-Identity-Manager-1903-Release-Notes.html