VMware vRealize Automation 8.6.2 and more Released
VMware has released vRealize Automation 8.6.2, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.6.2 and VMware Identity Manager 3.3.6.
vRealize Automation 8.6.2 includes one of my the features request, that I have been asking for, for some time, this is that Approvals policies now can be assign to “AD groups”.
vRealize Automation 8.6.2
this also includes vRealize Automation Saltstack Config 8.6.2.
- Resources Tab
- The “Deployments” tab is now renamed to “Resources” as we continue expand the functionality of the Resource Center and increase visiblity of discovered objects.
- Resource Center – Simplified view of discovered resources and day 2 actions
- Following the last release of Resource View, vRealize Automation enhanced the Resources tab to help cloud admins and end users manage cloud resources across compute, storage, networking, and security. The new features include:
- Individual resources page by resource types: virtual machines, networking and security, and volumes
- All resources page with advanced filter
- In-context resource details panel: show machine details and associated network/storage
- Create simple new VM without VMware cloud templates:
- Quick create VM
- Quick create VM with existing network
- Quick create VM with new/existing storage
- All-in-one Cloud Resource Center has provisioned, onboarded, migrated and discovered (admin only) resources
- Admin only Day 2 action on discovered resources: power on/off, remote console
- The same resource center is also live in Service Broker without quick create VM action
- Note that the resource views under Infrastructure top level tab will be removed in following months: virtual machines, volumes, networks and security
- Image, boot disk, and inline disks even though they are a part of deployment appear as discovered resource in resource view.
- Track resource request history through deployment history
- Resources can map to multiple cloud accounts, displaying or filtering by these multiple cloud accounts will be supported in the following release in resource center.
- Learn more about working with resources.
- vRA Ansible Integration supports 2.11
- Inter-op support has been increased to Ansible 2.11.5. Ansible 2.11 is the latest stable Ansible version and customers can now use this version when running playbooks with the vRA Ansible integration.
- Approval policy now supports AD groups
- Approval policies in Service Broker now support AD groups as approvers, as opposed to only accepting individual users. Learn more about approval policies.
- Onboarding support for IPv6
- Onboarding plans now support machines which have IPv6 addresses.
- vRealize Standard+ now supports 11 additional languages
- As part of the on-going integration of the SaltStack products to VMware we have completed the translation and release of vRA STD + in 11 languages making it easier for our users around the world take advantage of the powerful capabilities in the vRA STD + product. vRA STD + is now available in the following languages: German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese.
- And more
See the full release notes here.
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.6.2
This version contains security bug fix version and it gives support for all the vRealize Suite products version 8.6.2, VMware Identity Manager 3.3.6 and vRealize Network Insight 6.5.
See the release notes here.
VMware Identity Manager 3.3.6
This version contains security bug files, see the release notes here.