VMware has releases vRealize Automation 8.6.1 and vRealize Automation SaltStack Config 8.6.1.
One of the new things is that you now can assign a Cloud Template when doing onboarding, which I have been asking for, as this will give some avenges on assigning day-2 operations easier, to VMs that has been onbaorded.
- Assign icons to onboarded deployments
- To give end user more information about deployments, vRA updates the deployment Edit action to support assigning custom icons to onboarded deployments.
- SaltStack and Carbon Black integration
- Carbon Black and SaltStack SecOps are now integrated to pass information from Security Teams to Infrastructure Teams. This integration passes Carbon Black’s findings into the SaltStack SecOps framework for action through remediation. By leveraging the Carbon Black’s security scanning capabilities along with the SaltStack action, arm companies can quickly find and fix vulnerabilities in their infrastructure which reduces exposure and eliminates advisory abilities to exploit these vulnerabilities.
- Scale out migrated deployments
- After the Cloud admin migrates deployments, you can scale out existing resources within that migrated deployment.
- Migrate property groups with external values
- The Migration assistant tool now supports the migration of property groups with external values.
- Create Extensibility Subscription for lease expire
- Cloud admins can extend the machine management process and trigger specific actions when a machine lease is expiring. This allows them to perform a variety of automated tasks such as backing up the machine or adding additional monitoring.
- Deployment Limit Policy to define Deployment and Deployment Resource Limits
- The Deployment Limit Policy allows Cloud Admins to define Deployment limits to restrict CPU count, Memory, and VM count. These policies also allow Cloud Admins to define Deployment Resource limits to restrict CPU count and Memory of specific resources within a larger deployment. These policies are enabled by default for an entire organization, but can be scoped down using familiar criteria such as applying to a certain project, being deployed from a specific VMware Cloud Template, or containing a certain tag. The Deployment Limit Policy also is enforced against any resize actions performed after a successful deployment that falls within the scope of the policy. Learn more.
- Onboarding support for IPV6
- Onboarding plan now supports machines whit IPv6 addresses.
- Assign VCT to onboarded deployments
- You can assign a VMware Cloud Template (VCT) to onboarded deployments.
- Note: VMware Cloud Template assignments are for visual representation only and updating the onboarded deployments by iterating on the assigned template is not supported.
- Ability for devops project users create a TKGs cluster
- DevOps project Users can now create TKG clusters.
- Support for Tenable import scans of Windows systems
- Users who leverage Tenable now have the ability to import scans for Windows systems as well as Linux systems.
See the full release notes here.