VMware VEBA Fling 0.7.1 is Released
Michael Gasch and William Lam has released a new version of the VMware Event Broker Appliance version 0.7.1.
I have found that Event driven automation is very exciting and can solve a lot of problems, and automate trivial tasks in the datacenter, I our company demo/test lab I have an old Appliance running and doing some different things, just to showcase some of it’s potentials.
With this version and the last it not only vCenter but also Horizon View that it can be integrated with, and there are also the possibility for it to use CloudEvent.
For CloudEvent there is an sample function for vRealize Network Insight and webhook.
- New samples for knative function
- They now uses 3 stages: “init”, “process” and “shutdown”, some was already this i version 0.7.0
- This will make some of the functions faster, for instance new connection/authentication for vCenter is not made for every run, or any other services
- Fix special character handling for VEBA vSphere UI plugin
- Fix imagePullPolicy for knative-contour in air-gap deployment
- A lot of updated documentation
- New logo
See also William Lams blog about this release here.
Hope I can get some time in the future to explore this new version, and converting my old OpenFaas Functions to knative.
Note from Williams blog: If you currently have vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3 installed, you may run into an issue when using the VEBA vSphere UI plugin. This is currently a known issue which will be fixed in a future vCenter Server update, however you can follow this blog post for a workaround.