VMware vCenter 6.7 Update 2c Released
VMware has released vCenter 6.7 Update 2c, this is a bug and security fix release.
Before upgrading, see the Important notes later in the blog!
- Publishing a VMTX template might fail if you do not specify a target ESXi host while creating a subscription
- When you publish a virtual machine template managed by Content Library from a published library to multiple subscribers, the operation might fail if you do not specify a target ESXi host while creating the subscription. You see a similar exception: An invalid argument \”spec.location.host\” was specified.
- This issue is resolved in this release. The fix adds the SelectCompatibleHostActivity method to automatically select a compatible ESXi host from cluster or resource pools if a host is not specified.
- Update to Photon OS kernel
- Photon OS kernel is updated to to version 4.4.182 to resolve security issues with identifiers CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, and CVE-2019-11479.
Important note: Upgrade and migrations from vCenter Server 6.5 Update 3 to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2c are not supported. vCenter Server 6.5 Update 3 contains code and security fixes that are not in the vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2c release and might cause regression.
Important note: From vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1a to 6.7 Update 2c is not supported. You must first upgrade to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1b or 6.7 Update 2, and then patch your system to 6.7 Update 2c.
Important note: If you use the Hybrid Linked Mode (HLM) capability, contact VMware Support team (Cloud Service Engineering team) before upgrading to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2c.
Important note: For more information on vCenter Server versions that support upgrade to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2c, please see VMware knowledge base article 67077.
See the full release notes here: Release notes