VMware has released vCenter 6.5 Update 2d, and a new patch for ESXI 6.5 (29th November 2018).
The ESXi 6.5 Update 2x patch contains many of bug fixes.
See the VMware KB for this release here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/rn/esxi650-201811002.html
VMware vCenter 6.5 Update 2d:
Important: Upgrade and migration paths from vCenter Server 6.5 Update 2d to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 1 are not supported.
- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 2d adds a CLI tool to convert instances of vCenter Server Appliance with an external Platform Services Controller into vCenter Server Appliance with an embedded Platform Services Controller connected in Embedded Linked Mode.
- With vCenter Server 6.5 Update 2d, you can add VMware Platform Services Controller appliances to Active Directory 2016 domains.
- With vCenter Server 6.5 Update 2d, you can use the new vRealize Operations Manager plug-in that provides specific metrics and high-level information about data centers, datastores, virtual machines, and ESXi hosts, to vCenter Server and vSAN. The plug-in is supported only in the vSphere Client.
- With vCenter Server 6.5 Update 2d, the new vRealize Operations Manager plug-in adds by default the Patch method, supported by the HTTP protocol, to facilitate the online installation stage.
- With vCenter Server 6.5 Update 2d, you can configure the property
config.vpxd.macAllocScheme.methodin the vCenter Server configuration file,
vpxd.cfg, to allow sequential selection of MAC addresses from MAC address pools. The default option for random selection does not change. Modifying the MAC address allocation policy does not affect MAC addresses for existing virtual machines.
See the full release notes here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/rn/vsphere-vcenter-server-65u2d-release-notes.html