VMware Fusion 7 Released
VMware has released VMware Fusion version 7.0.
VMware Fusion Pro has been updated for OS X Yosemite. Visual changes include a new flatter application icon, changes to include translucent elements, and Yosemite style full-screen behavior.
VMware Fusion Pro includes the latest virtual hardware revision with support for:
- Advanced Haswell processor features, including AVX2 inside a virtual machine
- A new virtual webcam, making it easier than ever to use your webcam with Windows applications
- An updated, virtual USB controller with support for XHCI 1.0
- A new approach to video memory that enables the VRAM limit to be specified per virtual machine
- The amount of VRAM configured is not limited by the VRAM available to the host.
- The ability to specify a preference for the integrated or discrete GPU On recent Mac Book Pros that contain both GPUs, this can result in increased battery life for lightly used virtual machines.
VMware Fusion Pro is more efficient than ever with wake-ups reduced by over 60% for lightly used virtual machines.
OS X Yosemite can now be used inside a virtual machine.
VMware Fusion Pro now shows the status of each virtual machine in the library list view. This is particularly useful for power-users working with many virtual machines.
Improved support for Retina displays, including changes to Unity mode and the ability to control how Fusion scales when moving between Retina-class and standard density displays.
Direct sounds from virtual machines to a specific audio device on your Mac.
Per-virtual machine shortcut keys make jumping quickly between operating systems a breeze.
Improved support for Ubuntu 14.xx etc < New Linuxes here.
The ability to access virtual machines running on VMware vSphere, VMware ESXi, and VMware Workstation directly from VMware Fusion Pro including:
- Remote display, keyboard, and mouse control
- Ability to select media for CD, DVD, floppy devices, including files on your Mac
- Ability to power virtual machines on and off and configure the network they connect to
- Ability to move virtual machines from your Mac to a remote location by dragging and dropping
- Ability to move virtual machines from a remote location to your Mac by dragging and dropping
- See the state of your remote server with at-a-glance health summary based on Activity Monitor
Download it here: Download Fusion 7