Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 (Public BETA)
You can now sign up for the Public Beta of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0.
- CPU: x86-64 processor architecture.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM.
- Disk Space: 150 MB for product installation.
- Network: 1 Mbps or faster. High latency and reasonably unstable WAN links are supported.
- System firmware: BIOS or UEFI.
- Drive encryption: Microsoft BitLocker (optional)
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 8.x
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Local (internal) storage of the protected computer (not recommended)
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) share
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 1 backup repository
- Veeam Backup Cloud Connect 9.5 Update 1 backup repository
- Upgrade from Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.5 is not supported, please do a clean install.
- Because of significant changes in both configuration and backup formats, we may not be able to provide the upgrade from BETA to GA build, and/or ability to restore from BETA backups in GA build. So please, do not assume that such compatibility will be available.
- Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 1 must be installed in order to test integration with Veeam backup repository or direct backup to Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
Veeam Agent for Windows comes in Free, Workstation and Server editions with the following new features on top of existing functionality of Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.5
- Windows Server 2016 support
- Source-side encryption
- Optional periodic Active Full backup
- Configurable compression and block size
- Improved backup performance for file level backup mode
- Option to skip bad blocks enabled by default
Workstation (in addition to Free)
- 24.7.365 support
- Backup cache for mobile users
- Backup directly to Veeam Cloud Connect
- Remote management and configuration API
- Optional periodic synthetic full backup
Server (in addition to Workstation)
- Application-aware processing engine (same functionality as in Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5)
- File system indexing (including the integration with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager catalog search and 1-Click FLR)
- Server-focused job scheduler (same as in Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5)
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- Backup cache may not properly synchronize cached restore points with Veeam B&R Data Domain repository.
Veeam Backup and Replication
- Veeam Agent for Windows license added to Veeam Backup and Replication console will cause existing Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.5 jobs to fail. To work around this issue, delete the Beta license file from the console.
- Restore to original location via Veeam Enterprise Manager may not work if original computer and Enterprise Manager server are not located in the same domain.
Veeam Cloud Connect
- Add the following registry value on Veeam Cloud Connect 9.5 Update 1 server to enable VAW support: AllowBetaAgentAccess (DWORD) = 1
- Deleting tenant’s quota with existing agent backups may corrupt your Veeam Cloud Connect database. To work around this issue please delete agent backups from tenants quota prior deleting the quota.
- When setting up a backup job targeting Veeam Cloud Connect repository Security Alert may appear several times even though Install certificate option was checked.
Sign up here: https://go.veeam.com/windows-backup