RVTools 4.3.1 Released
RVTools is one of my favorite tools I uses for troubleshooting, health checks. gathering information and more for my customers VMware vSphere environments.
So a big thanks to Rob de Veij, for this amazing tool, that he made, is still putting new features into.
here is a list of what’s new. since the last time I wrote about it.
- Bug Fix: RVToolsMergeExcelFiles.exe could not load file or assembly
- Bug Fix: For an unhandled exception when a connection is made to an ESXi 7.0.2 host
- Bug fix: On vHealth tab page, vSphere Cluster Services (vCLS) vmx and vmdk files or no longer marked as possible zombie files
- RVToolsMergeExcelFiles: Bug fixes and improved performance
- Bug fix: HA Information was not displayed on the vInfo and vCluster tab pages
- Bug fix: Cluster rules were not displayed on vInfo tab page
- Bug fix: The default name for new vCLS VMs deployed in vSphere 7.0 Update 3 environment uses a new pattern vCLS-UUID. These VCLS files are now no longer marked as possible zombies
- Upgraded RVTools solution to use VMware vSphere Management SDK 7.0U3
- New tab page: The “vSource” tab page displays information about the server where the SDK web service is running which is used by RVTools to gather all data. This is your vCenter server or ESX host.
- on vHost tab page new column: Host UUID
- Health properties: New checkbox to enable or disable security health messages
- On all related VM tab pages the column UUID was filled with the SMBIOS UUID value which is not unique. Now the column is filled with the unique VirtualCenter-specific 128-bit UUID value
- The performance specialist Henk van der Valk (Henk@fulldata.nl) gave me two performance tips for VMs that I could incorporate into RVTools. And of course I did. Thanks Henk!
- On vHealth tab page: new disk I/O and in-memory performance tips
- Health properties: New checkbox to enable or disable performance tips health messages
- Bug fix: on vInfo tab page the value of Video RAM was not visible
- Bug fix: RVToolsMergeExcelFiles when one of the xlsx files contains no VMs an extra header row was added in the merged xlsx
You can find the RVTools here.