RVTools 4.1.2 Released
Rob de Veij has just released a new version of one of my favorit tools, I uses all the time, a big thanks to Rob for this fantastic tools, for collecting a lot of information from vCenter or from a single ESXi host.
- RVTools msi is now signed with a Sectigo certificate
- Log4net is upgraded to version 2.0.12 (as fix for CVE-2018-1285)
- New vUSB tab page: VM’s with a connected Host USB device are displayed.
- vFloppy tab page is removed
- Preference extra checkbox for “Wait for Get Friendly vSAN Names thread at startup”. By default this setting is disabled. If enabled RVTools will first collect the friendly names of the vSAN folders. Friendly vSAN names are displayed, instead of guid, on vInfo, vDisk and vSnapshot tab pages.
- New CLI switch: -GetFriendlyNames if set RVTools CLI will first collect the friendly names of the vSAN folders
- New expirimental tab page vFileInfo with details of all files found on all datastores
- Preference extra checkbox for “Get fileinfo detail information”. By default this setting is disabled. If enabled RVTools will collect all details of all files on all datastores. Warning this is very time consuming!
- New CLI switch: -GetFileInfo if set RVTools CLI will populate the vFileInfo tab page.
- On Logon screen the build number is now also part of the displayed version number
- All relevant VM tab pages now have a new column indicating whether it is an SRM placeholder or not.
- On Filter form it’s now possible to filter on SRM placeholders
- On vInfo tab now up to eight network cards are displayed (was four)
- On vNetwork tab page new column: NIC label showing the order number of the NIC
- On vNetwork tab page: IP column split into ipv4 and ipv6 columns
- On vDisk tab page new columns: Disk key and disk path = Name of the virtual disk in the guest operating system. For example: C:\ (only works for vSphere >= 7.0)
- on vDisk tab page new column: “Internal Sort Column” is used internally for sorting the vDisk data on VM name and disk key
- on vPartition tab page new column: “Internal Sort Column” is used internally for sorting the vPartition data on VM name and disk key
- On vPartition tab page new column: Disk key can be used to map vDisk disk with disk partition
- on vNetwork tab page new column: “Internal Sort Column” is used internally for sorting the vNetwork data on VM name and NIC name
- On vHealth tab page the vSAN folder names are now displayed with their friendly folder names. Instead of guid
- On vRP tab page new column: Resource Pool path
- On vRP tab page new column: Total number of VM’s in resourcepool.
- On vHost tab page new column: Total number of VM’s on host.
- On vHost tab page New column: vSAN Fault Domain Name
- On vDatastore tab page new column: Total number of VM’s on datastore.
- On vHealth tab page: new security message if “ESXi Shell” or “SSH” service is running on a host.
- All column labels containing MB have been adjusted to MiB because there is some confusion about this.
- RVTools will display a warning message if not all VM inventory is collected. There seems to be an XML deserialize issue when there is a VM with hundreds of disks. The problem seems to be mainly caused by backup solutions that cannot clean everything properly when the backup is finished. A instruction is included in the documentation how to find the “bad” VM.
- Bug Fix: On vHealth tab page “Inconsistent Foldername” check is changed. For vSAN folders the friendly name of a folder is now compared with the VM name.
- Bug Fix: *-digest.vmdk files are excluded for zombie checks
- Bug Fix: Total size of snapshot files.
For download and more information see the RVTools site here.