Veeam has released Backup & Replication 11 Cumulative Patche 22.214.171.1247_20210324, Availability Orchestrator 4.0 and Service Provider Console v5 Patch 2.
Backup & Replication 11 Cumulative Patch
This is version 126.96.36.1997, also known as patch P20210324, this also conatins P20210319, still no support for vSphere 7.0 Update 2, this will be in the next cumulative patch. There are 2 known issues with vSphere 7.0 Update 2, CDP and HotAdd on Linux Proxy.
- Applicable to Cloud Connect service providers’ infrastructure servers only: fix for the quartertly backups retention issue.
- Backup jobs appear to hang at 0KB on the hard disk reading step due to a race condition that may trigger on a very slow backup storage (usually when Windows deduplication is enabled). Potentially, any process that interacts with a backup file may hang when trying to open a backup file.
- After upgrading to V11 directly from version 9.5, incremental backup and replication runs take longer and produce larger increments than with previous versions for host-based processing of vSphere and Hyper-V VMs.
- Possible data loss with IBM storage snapshot integration due to a wrong LUN deleted during storage snapshot retention processing. This is caused by certain sequence of storage snapshot management operations outside Veeam resulting in a LUN with duplicate internal ID appearing on the storage.
- Veeam.Backup.Service.exe may crash under heavy load if the Snapshot Hunter processing runs into an unexpected issue with the stuck snapshot processing.
- When the scale-out backup repository Capacity Tier uses only the Copy policy, GFS backups will now be made immutable in hardened repository extents of the Performance Tier for the entire duration of their retention policy. Previously, GFS backups were only locked according to the hardened repository immutability settings to enable the Move policy to function correctly even when it was not enabled, making SOBR as a whole not compliant with certain WORM storage regulations
See the Veeam KB for more information and download here.
Availability Orchestrator 4.0
This is new version that gives support for Veeam B&R v11, and it’s new features. There are still only support for storage based recovery from NetApp, a feature that i hope will be implemented for other storage vendors.
See the Release notes here.
see the what’s new guide/datasheet here.
See the Veeam KB for important information before upgrading here.
Service Provider Console v5 Patch 2
See the Veeam KB for the fixes and download here.