New Releases from VMware and Flings
VMware has released some new versions for some of there vRealize suite products.
VMware vRealize Automation 7.1.0
The vRealize Automation 7.1 release includes resolved issues and the following changes.
- Streamlined installation process using a silent installer.
- Agent and prerequisite command line interface.
- Migration tool to move data from a source vRealize Automation 6.2.x environment to a fresh vRealize Automation 7.1 environment while preserving the source environment.
- IPAM integration framework with ability to deploy machines and applications with automated assignment of IP addresses from leading IP address management systems, with the first integration with Infoblox.
- Integrated support for Active Directory policies.
- Custom property dictionary controls to improve property definitions and vRealize Orchestrator actions.
- Reconfigure life-cycle events by means of event broker workflow subscriptions.
- Additional vSphere provisioning options and data collection improvements.
- Ability to manually conduct horizontal scale in and scale out of vRealize Automation deployments, including the automatic update of dependent components.
- Customizable message of the day portlet available on the home page.
- Additional information and filter options on the Items page.
- New ready-to-import blueprints for vSphere and AWS available from the VMware Solution Exchange.
- Discontinued support for PostgreSQL external database.
See the full release notes here: http://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vra/vrealize-automation-71-release-notes.html
VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.3
vRealize Operations Manager 6.3 is a release update that enhances product stability, performance, and usability.
Enhanced Workload Placement and vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Integration:
- Recommended Actions on landing page
- Configure DRS from vRealize Operations Manager with Cluster/DRS Dashboard
- Data Collection Notification toolbar
- Perform Actions from Workload Utilization Dashboard
Improved Log Insight Integration:
- Management Pack for Log Insight included in product
- Improved Log Insight and vRealize Operations Manager alerting
Enhanced vSphere Monitoring:
- Support vSphere 6.0 Hardening Guide
- vRealize Operations Manager Compliance for vSphere 6.0 Objects
- vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Health Dashboards
- New API Programming Guide
- New licensing plan for vRealize Operations Manager Standard and Advanced Editions
- Filtered SNMP Trap Alert Notifications
- Enhanced SuperMetric capabilities
- Reduction in default metrics collected
See the full release notes here:http://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vrops/63/vrops-63-release-notes.html
VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1.0
Supports multiple versions of vRealize Automation. vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1 is compatible with the vRealize Automation 6.2.3, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 7.0, 7.0.1, and 7.1 releases.
Allows integration with external VMware Identity Manager. You can use standalone vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1, without deploying vRealize Automation.
Includes UI changes. The Overview page is updated with new widgets to provide more information about cost and consumption.
Provides a new version of reference database. A new version of the reference database is available with vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1.
Segregates the Azure EA account cost. vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1 groups the overall cost of the Azure account based on the individual billing account.
Supports Spanish locale. vRealize Business for Cloud 7.1 supports Spanish locale UI also. The following languages are supported:
See the full release notes here: http://pubs.vmware.com/Release_Notes/en/vRBforCloud/71/vRBforCloud-71-release-notes.html
These flings is opdated:
Horizon Toolbox 2.1.2, this can be found here: https://labs.vmware.com/flings/horizon-toolbox-2
vSphere HTML5 Web Client 2.2, this can be found here: https://labs.vmware.com/flings/vsphere-html5-web-client
VMware OS optimization (vOSOT 2016 (b080)), this can be found here: https://labs.vmware.com/flings/vmware-os-optimization-tool
This is a new fling:
HCIbench 1.0, this is a Hyper-converged Infrastructure Benchmark, and can be found here: https://labs.vmware.com/flings/hcibench