New Releases from VMware
VMware has released, vCenter 6.7 Update 1b, ESXi 6.7 patch, vSphere Integrated Containers 1.5.0 and VMware PKS 1.3
vCenter 6.7 Update 1b
This is bug fixing release.
Notes: that this version does still not support upgrade from vCenter 6.5 Update 2b and update 2e.
See the release notes here for more details: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/rn/vsphere-vcenter-server-67u1b-release-notes.html
ESXi 6.7 patch
The patch from this week contains some bug fixes.
vSphere Integrated Containers 1.5.0
- Support for the use of NSX-T Data Center logical switches for all VCH networks. Read more.
- Support for the use of an alternative Linux kernel ISO from which to boot container VMs. Read more.
- Upgraded the OS of all vSphere Integrated Containers components to Photon OS 2.0. Read more.
- Addition of the
configure, to set a limit on the amount of storage that a VCH can consume. Read more.
- Addition of an option to specify an NTP server during deployment of the vSphere Integrated Containers appliance. Read more.
- New requirement to enter the appliance root password during initialization, reinitialization, and upgrade of the appliance. Read more.
envfile that is generated during VCH deployment. Read more.
- Security and bug fixes listed in Resolved Issues below.
See the full release notes here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere-Integrated-Containers/1.5.0/rn/vSphere-Integrated-Containers-150-Release-Notes.html
VMware PKS 1.3
VMware PKS 1.3 brings support for Kubernetes 1.12, Microsoft Azure Support, and much more.
See the VMware Blog about here: https://blogs.vmware.com/cloudnative/2019/01/16/vmware-pks-1-3/